We are recruiting a Communications Officer to accelerate and modernise our digital outreach. The Officer reports directly to the Head of Communications, working in close collaboration together with our Editor and Publications Manager to support our programmatic work through digital outreach and creative content.
Location: Uppsala, Sweden (with some flexibility)
Deadline: 21 May 2023
Experience level: Intermediate
Type and length of contract: Full-time, permanent with six months of probation
- Manage the Foundation’s online communication channels, including the website, social media and newsletters.
- Manage the digital outreach for our flagship publications and other communication products and events.
- Write copy for print and online publication.
- Maintain relationships and monitor production with external vendors (film producers, website developers, etc).
- Monitor and evaluate the outcomes of our digital and social outreach and engage in research on digital trends.
- Perform additional tasks in support of the Foundation’s work as assigned by the Head of Communications.
We are looking for a person with Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of work experience in digital communications. As a person you are a strong
project manager and possess an ability to initiate and drive tasks and ideas forward.
- Hands-on experience of digital communications, including filming and graphic design and communication work such as doing layout for publications, as well as crafting messages and graphics for social media.
- Experience of writing, editing and producing written communications for targeted audiences.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop).
- Experience using website Content Management Systems (preferably WordPress) and Google Analytics. Experience with video and/or audio production is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and a good command of the Swedish language.
- You have a good understanding of the issues the Foundation works on. Experience working for an international organisation is a merit.
- You are open-minded, flexible, and a good team player, with an understanding of the work of a values-based organisation. You have the ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm working in a fast-paced international environment.
- You already have the right to work in Sweden (the Foundation will not be able to sponsor a work permit).
Terms of employment
- The Communications Officer will be based at the Foundation’s office in Uppsala, Sweden, with opportunity for flexibility some days of the week.
- The position is permanent, with six months of probation. The salary will be determined based on the individual’s experience and qualifications.
- The Foundation offers generous leave benefits and a wellness allowance based on full-time employment.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 21 May. Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page). Applications shall be submitted to email@example.com. Please indicate Communications Officer in the subject line of your e-mail.
More about us
The Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation is an autonomous non-governmental organisation in Uppsala founded by the Swedish Parliament and governed by an international Board of Trustees. We are guided by the vision of a peaceful and just world where the fundamental values of the United Nations are universally applied. Building on Dag Hammarskjöld’s legacy, our mission is to advance dialogue and policy for sustainable development and peace
The Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation is a values-based organisation, and its employees should share its vision and ideals and understand what it means to work in and represent Hammarskjöld’s legacy in an international context. The working language is English.
For inquiries about the position, please contact Karin Sandell, Head of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +46 (0)76 541 10 04.