Editor and Publications Manager
We are recruiting an Editor and Publications Manager to spearhead our editorial work and manage our publication processes. This is a new role and the Manager reports directly to the Head of Communications, coordinating productions and ensuring our publications and written digital content is tight and engaging.
Location: Uppsala, Sweden (with some flexibility)
Deadline: 31 October 2021
Experience Level: 7-10 Years
Type and Length of Contract: Full-Time, Two year, with six months of probation
- Manage publication process and publication calendar to meet deadlines and facilitate strategic planning.
- Copy-edit and line-edit publications and digital content, assuring style and quality, helping authors express their ideas clearly and creatively.
- Manage relationships with authors, partners, and external vendors (printers, designers, libraries, etc)
- Produce written content for our publications and online communication channels, including the website, blog, and newsletter.
- Further develop and review internal policies and guidelines related to editing and publications, suggesting ways to streamline and formalise our production processes.
- Coach Foundation staff, helping them improve their writing and editing.
- Support the development of outreach strategies for our publications, as well as manage the publications page on our website.
- Monitor and research trends in publications related to our field and implement improvements that modernise our publications production and outreach.
- Perform additional tasks in support of work programmes as assigned by the Head of Communications.
Who you are
- We are looking for a person with a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years of work experience in editing and publications coordination/management.
- You will have first rate writing and editing skills, as well as experience writing texts such as forewords, blogs, and news stories.
- As a person you are a strong project manager and possess an ability to initiate and drive tasks and ideas forward. You are inspired by text editing and can engage a broader audience.
- You are a native English speaker with an excellent command of the English language. Having a good command of the Swedish language is a merit but not a requirement.
- You have a good understanding of the issues the Foundation works on and experience working for an international organisation is a merit.
- You are open-minded, flexible, and a good team player, with an understanding of the work of a values-based organisation. You have the ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm working in a fast-paced international environment.
- Familiarity with with design software (InDesign, Photoshop, etc) and content management systems (WordPress) a plus.
- You already have the right to work in Sweden (the Foundation will not be able to sponsor a work permit).
Terms of employment
- The Editor and Publications Manager will be based at the Foundation’s office in Uppsala, Sweden with opportunity for flexibility some days of the week. (Note: The Foundation monitors the guidelines from Folkhälsomydigheten in regard to COVID-19 and updates any policies in regard to home-based work in accordance with the recommendations.)
- The position is temporary for a two-year period, with six months of probation. The salary will be determined based on the individual’s experience and qualifications.
- The Foundation offers generous leave benefits and a wellness allowance based on full-time employment.
- Pensions are stipulated in the Foundation’s Pensions Policy.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 31 October. Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page). Applications shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Editor and Publications Manager in the subject line of your e-mail.