About the position
The Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation is seeking a new Executive Director with a strong commitment to the values of the Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation. The candidate should have a solid understanding of the changing context of international and multilateral cooperation, substantial experience of working in an international and multicultural environment, intellectual curiosity and a strong commitment to building on Dag Hammarskjöld’s legacy in today’s world.
The Executive director’s responsibilities are described in the statutes of the Foundation.
In addition to this, the Executive Director will:
- lead the Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation towards its strategic goals and ensure its continuous adaptation to a changing context, both in terms of the development of activities pursued and possible changes in funding modalities and opportunities.
- be responsible for building partnerships and the provision of a sound financial base for the Foundation.
- be responsible for senior appointments and the supervision of human resources management.
- be accountable to the Board of the Foundation and ensure that Board members are kept well informed of progress in and obstacles to the achievement of the strategic goals and outcomes.
Background and Experience:
- Academic degree in a discipline of relevance to the mission of the Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation.
- Demonstrated alignment with and commitment to the values of the Foundation.
- Substantial experience of working in an international environment with issues of relevance for building a peaceful, just, inclusive and sustainable world.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of working in or with the United Nations system and the wider multilateral system.
- Experience in senior management functions, including programme management, human resources management, and financial and administrative management.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in Swedish and English.
The position of Executive Director is full-time and based at the Secretariat in Uppsala, Sweden.
In this recruitment, Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation collaborates with Novare. For more information regarding the application process. and to apply for the position: click here.
Last application date is 10 December 2023. For more information, please contact Ambjörn Ingvaldson, +46761623689, firstname.lastname@example.org